Today is Pink Ribbon Day – a day to raise awareness and funds to support many women who are affected by breast and gynecological cancers.
To help raise money for this cause I made some cute vanilla cupcakes with buttercream frosting and pink fondant ribbons.
To make the vanilla cupcakes I used a White Wings Vanilla Cupcake packet mix which made 22 small cupcakes if prepared as per packet instructions.
For the frosting I used 1 tub of Betty Crocker’s Vanilla Buttercream Frosting and piped onto the cupcakes using a disposable piping bag and a star shaped piping nozzle.
HOW TO MAKE PINK FONDANT RIBBONS
- Dye a small amount of white fondant with Rose Pink food colouring until the desired pink colour is achieved
- Roll fondant out using a rolling pin to about 3mm in thickness
- Cut 20cm x 1cm strips of fondant using a ruler and a sharp knife
- Taking one fondant strip and holding at both ends, cross one end over the other so that about 1cm of each end extends past the join
- Secure join with a small amount of sugar glue or egg white, making sure to not flatten the loop
- Repeat for all strips and allow fondant to harden
- To add an extra touch, glue a silver cachou to each join of the ribbons
- Once cupcakes have been frosted carefully place a ribbon onto each cupcakes pressing slightly into frosting to secure
If you would like to help raise funds for Pink Ribbon Day by baking some goodies or simply make a donation you can find all the details on the Pink Ribbon Website.
Happy Baking! 🙂