Der ner ner ner ner ner ner ner BAT CAKE! Today is Batman Day so of course I had to make a cake in Batman’s honour.
Batman has been my favourite superhero since I was a little girl. My mum even made me a Batman cake for my 4th birthday!
To make this cake I used two basic yellow cakes stacked on top of each other and used coloured fondant for the decorations.
THE THINGS YOU WILL NEED TO GET DOWN AND NERDY
- 2 Green’s Vanilla Cake packets
- 4 eggs
- 6 tbs margarine or butter
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- Buttercream frosting
- Black and yellow fondant
LET’S GET BAKING!
- Prepare one cake mix as per packet instructions
- Pour cake batter into a lined and greased round baking tin (mine is 18cm in diameter)
- Cook cake in 160oC gas oven for about 50 minutes (oven temperature and cooking time may vary depending on your type of oven)
- Repeat steps 1-3 for the second cake mix
- Once both cakes are completely cooled, cut the top off each cake using a sharp knife
- Spread a layer of buttercream frosting all over the top of one cake
- Carefully place the other cake directly on top of the frosted cake
- Then spread a thin layer of buttercream frosting all over the entire cake
- Place cake in the fridge for about 10 minutes until the frosting sets slightly
- Meanwhile, roll out your yellow fondant until it is about 3mm thick and is large enough to cover the entire cake
- Take your cake out of the fridge and carefully place yellow fondant on the cake and smooth out to the base of the cake
- Cut the excess fondant away from cake with a sharp knife (don’t throw the excess away, you will need this to make little squares for the lights on the buildings)
For Batman and the city skyline:
- Roll out your black fondant until it is about 3mm thick
- Using a sharp knife, cut out a batman shape (I used a template I found on Google) and a city skyline to go around the base of the cake
- To secure your fondant pieces use a paint brush to dab a tiny amount of egg white to the back of each piece
And then… Batman Cake = COMPLETED! *high five*
HAPPY BATMAN DAY! 🙂